If your business is in the East Bay Area, it’s a great time to be alive because you have an array of options for a Virtual Answering Service. Knowledge really is power. A good place to start would be to contact the local executive office centers in your area and ask about their virtual answering services.
The following provides a list of questions to ask the prospective service providers.
- Do you provide a local number?
- Do you provide an 800 number?
- What is the price?
- What is included in the price?
- Is there a price per call?
- Is the price a flat rate per month? Are there additional charges?
- What happens to calls to my number?
- Do calls to my number go to a voice mail?
- Do calls to my number get transferred to my land line/cell phone?
- How will calls to my number be answered?
- Will calls to my number be answered by a live receptionist?
- How will I be notified of calls to my number?
- Are there set up fees for services?
- What are the terms and conditions of your services?
- What is the minimum period of time I must agree to use your services?
- What happens if I’m not satisfied with the service I receive? How do I terminate our agreement?
- Are calls to my number answered 24/7?
- Are calls to my number answered 8 – 5?
- What happens to calls to my number nights and weekends and holidays?
- Do you send me an email with a voice wave attached of voice messages to my number?
By asking many of the above questions and visiting a phone answering service provider in person, you can gain a full perspective on just how well the service provider will represent you and your business.